Fall Quarter: Here we go!

Sometimes life here at YWAM Maui feels like a roller coaster.  It's such a transient place with DTS students coming, going on outreach, returning and then going back to their homes. Sometimes it's such a calm, relaxing place to be, but then the next week it'll be mass chaos.  It's almost always an interesting place to be!   Speaking of mass chaos, as of this Saturday we'll have over 85 people living in our five houses at YWAM Maui.  Again, a HUGE thank you to all my supporters again that made it possible for me to move off base so I won't lose my sanity!



Just part of a very, very large but happy, family!

I'm really excited about this Fall.  I've got a lot going on, and I'll be a little more involved with the DTS school than in the past.  I'll be scheduling and leading some short lectures and prayer ties on current events (everyone here has figured out what a news and political junkie I am).  It's definitely an extra responsibility that I normally wouldn't take on, but I think it's really important that as Christians, we know what's going on in the world and that we are involved and influential in things like politics, business and education.

I've also been asked to lead a growth group (Bible study) for a group of our short term volunteers that will be here for three months.  All the guys in the Bible study are European and I'm really looking forward to being able to get to know them and learn about their cultures.  They seem like really fun guys and I'm sure we'll have a great time, not only in the Bible study, but also hanging out on the weekends and exploring the island.


Can't wait to get on one of these....


And get back here....

In other news, my big trip to Asia has been postponed (boo...)  Instead of going this Fall, I'll most likely be heading there in January with my friend Ben, visiting our outreach teams, filming for some promotional videos and meeting with our long term team that just moved to the city where I was last Christmas.  Nothing is definite yet, and I'll make sure I update y'all when I get further along in planning everything!

0 comments: