Sorry!

Oh, wow, it's been a while since I've put an update in here! I was actually going to do it last week, but I got sick and was a little unmotivated. So a lot has happened since last time I've put an update in. Last Monday was my 24th birthday, which was fun. I got the afternoon off and so I went into town just to get some coffee and corndogs (it's a wierd combo, but I love it!), then I went down to the beach to go surfing for an hour or two. It's good for me to get out there every once in a while just to think and get some alone time, which is pretty scarce when you live with 17 guys.

Last week our speaker was Rick Thompson, and he spoke on different religions worldviews, or what they believe about subjects like "Where did we come from?" and "Why are we here?". It was challenging, because of my ignorance about a lot of other religions. It really did spark an interest in me though, and I'm going to read a few book on it as soon as I finish a book on Islam I'm reading now.

I only have 2 more weeks until I head out to Thailand, where I will be for 10 days, then off to Kathmandu! I still need about $1000 in support, so if you know anyone that wants to give away some money,let me know.....

This week, we're spending the entire week studying Ephesians. We're studying the history of Ephesus, what it was like when Paul started the church there, other religions that had influence there and problems with the early church there. Researching the history really puts into context what Paul was talking about when he wrote the the Ephesians. I like it so far, but then again, I may be tired of it by Friday!

0 comments: