Outreach!!!!!



First an explanation of the pics. The first one is our men's breakfast (the girls went out for the weekend, so we walked around with no shirts all weekend and ate bacon and pancakes). The second is good 'ole Matt Laskey playing the bongos in worship.


So Wednesday is the day! I'm almost all the way packed up and ready to go. We leave the house at 4:45 a.m. and we have probably the craziest flight schedule I've ever heard of. We fly from Kahului to Honolulu, Honolulu to Tokyo, Tokyo to Taipei, Taipei to Bangkok. I'll lose a total of 31 hours (crossing the international dateline will kill you!) and hopefully, after about a day and a half of traveling, I'll arrive in Bangkok, where I'll be for 10 days before I head to Nepal.

While in Thailand, we'll be making our final preparations for our outreach locations, as well as getting used to eastern culture, taking tours of Buddhist temples, and hopefully eating some good Thai food.

I'm really excited to finally be going. As one person in our school said, "Game time is always better than practice". I am a little anxious to be living in Nepal though. As I've told a few people, you can hear a lot about a place, but until you've been there, you don't really know what to expect.

My plan for outreach is to be flexible and seek God in all things. I've already learned a lot about fully depending on God, and I expect that will continue, especially since I'll be in a foreign country teaching in churches and relying on translators for most of my communication.

So I'll try to do an update in Thailand, but I'm not sure that I'll have internet access until I get to Nepal. As soon as I get to Nepal though, I will definitely do an update.

0 comments: