NEPAL!!!

So a lot has happened in the past week or so. I've been super busy and our internet has been down, so sorry I haven't updated earlier. I got here to the base in Haiku on the 11th, and our whole team went on a 3 day camping trip (our "Exodus") just to get to know each other and spend a lot of time together. We also ate a lot or Ramen noodles and plain oatmeal, which does some bad things to your body, trust me.... When we got back, the staff made us a HUGE dinner with roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans and lots of other goodies. We ate, then had an hour or so of worship. There's nothing like being deprived of something that your really want (food) then all of the sudden you have an abundence of it. I think it's a good analogy of our lives before and after salvation.

The next few days were just getting all the logistics of having 24 extra people on base worked out. Beds, bathrooms, house meetings, outreach meetings, staff meetings, etc. Apparently YWAM also stands for Youth With A Meeting.

Our first week of lecture was on hearing the voice of God. We were also praying for God to speak to us on where we should go on outreach. We split up into teams and found out that I'm going to Nepal! Our team will be partnering with local pastors to teach basic Christian doctrine and dicipleship. I don't know a whole lot about Nepal yet, but I will definately give updates and details on our outreach as things get a little more concrete.

0 comments: