Travels in Asia

Wow!  It feels like forever since I've updated my blog.  A lot has happened in the past three weeks.  My trip to Asia was a huge success.  I met a lot of contacts that could be very helpful to us in the future, got a few hours of good footage of the area, and got to know a lot of great people through different "organizations" and on different university campuses.  

I can't even begin to explain how exciting it is to see everything thats happening in the area.  I was surprised to find out how open the city is to what we're doing there.  We didn't have any problems with officials and our contacts were much more bold than I expected them to be in sharing what they believe.  It's encouraging to see, especially in a place that we're looking to have long term staff.  I can't share much more, but I definitely will when I get back to Georgia on January 12.  Until then, here are a few pictures of my trip:


My friend Mark and I bowling at the mall.


With a dragon statue at an ancient emperor's palace.


The new CCTV (State Television) building in downtown.


Central Hong Kong on New Years Eve.


Beijing Road, a massive shopping district where you can find everything from pig belly soup to fake Gucci purses.


Next to the Pearl River at night.


A Chinese Santa Claus I saw on the street.  I just had to get a picture with him.


 "The City of the 5 Rams" statue in Yie Xiu park.


Singing carols at a Christmas party with about 50 students we met.


The third largest city in the country with 20 million people.  It's big, polluted and generally pretty crazy.

0 comments: