Giving Thanks

These past few weeks have been incredible. Mom and Dad were able to visit last week, which was really fun. It's such a blessing to be able to spend some quality time with them, and I think the have a little better understanding of what I do (and I think that Mom is happy that I don't live in a complete dump of a house!)

While Mom and Dad were here, our Summer outreach teams came back from Asia as well. Having outreach teams come back is by far my favorite time around here. Everyone is excited to see old friends and the people that have just returned are filled with the electric passion of those who have just seen the Lord work in huge ways. It rubs off on all of YWAM Maui and just makes all of us want to get back to working in Asia as soon as possible.

Dad and I hanging at my house.


Mom taking a picture of me taking a picture of Dad. We are such tourists!


One of my roommates got us a free snorkeling trip on the boat he works on.


Mom and Dad in Hana for the weekend.

This Thursday is Thanksgiving. My great-grandmother (Big Rene') always made a point of "counting her thankfuls" no matter what situation she was in. Rain or shine, hospital bed or home, she was always thankful for something. I find it much easier to complain most of the time, but this Thanksgiving/Christmas season, I'm making an effort to always remember the blessings that God has given me. So here are a few:

- I'm thankful that I have an incredibly fulfilling job. I get to see peoples lives change everyday, and sometimes I forget what a blessing that is.
- I'm thankful for my amazing family, both immediate and extended. They have always been supportive of me and have put up with quite a bit of crap from me through the years.
- I'm thankful that I have a church family that makes missions a priority.
- I'm thankful that America has religious freedom. Most of the countries I've been to don't.
- I'm thankful that I have the happiest nephew in the world, but sad that I don't see him (and his parents) more often.
- I'm thankful that I'm in good health and have been for most of my life.
- I'm thankful that I found a cheap plane ticket to Asia.
- I'm thankful that I serve a gracious and loving God.
- I'm thankful for my wonderful friends who have always been there for me.
- I'm thankful for iPods. They sure are a lifesaver on 10+ hour flights.
- I'm thankful that I have a team of supporters that are allowing me to follow God's call on my life.

There are too many to list, but each day, I'm striving to think of a few things that are good in my life, especially when things get hectic or when life is hard. Happy Thanksgiving, and my God bless you as much as he has me.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    [B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
    Dismiss Sluggish Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Easily Search HD Movies, Games, MP3s, Applications & Download Them at Accelerated Speeds

    [URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup Search[/B][/URL]